Paradise Fish Breeding Journal

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

I can't see anything... :blush:
Those tiny black dots at the back of the tank. that is them, may I say they are very cute, even if I can't see them clearly :hey:

Ohhhh, I thought my screen was just a little bit mucky :unsure:
They are fry, most fish start off like that with some exceptions...livebearers

Your conversation just amused me very much. Yes the fry are cute but I can't get a very clear picture, you see that blurry thing that's closer to the camera? That's a fry that swam straight to the camera. If you can't then I'll circle it.

Cheers,
Paradise<3!

All still doing good. Lost another one but that's all.

Cheers,
Paradise<3!

All still doing good. Lost another one but that's all.

Cheers,
Paradise<3!

Great news overall, the one loss is near nothing. :D

Yeah, no more losses since then.
I've put all the babies in with mum and dad as they don't bother the babies and it's a warmer tank. I have a video of mum and dad doing the deed last night but I don't know whether my internet will let me upload it...

Cheers,
Paradise<3!

Great! :hyper:

You should try and get it uploaded. :good:

Great! :hyper:

You should try and get it uploaded. :good:

I tried, I failed.
I'll upload it next weekend along with some newer pictures and hopefully a more detailed update.
Meanwhile, here are some pictures of the older babies that I got about 2 nights ago while I was moving them into the main tank. They a=have grown a lot more since these photo's.

Photo0981.jpg

Photo0979.jpg

Cheers,
Paradise<3!

Yayy, this time I can see them! :D

They don't just look like dirt :p

Yayy, this time I can see them! :D

They don't just look like dirt :p

That's because I had the most light I could around the tank and I covered the back with my black cardigan. They stood out really well in that photo. Since I've put them in with mum and dad they have doubled in size. I can't get a picture yet though because they hide in the big tank. I have a new bubble nest filled with more eggs at the top and both mum and dad are looking after it.

Cheers,
Paradise<3!

Great! Before you know it, you'll be a established breeder selling show quality bettas to everybody on here! :p

Great! Before you know it, you'll be a established breeder selling show quality bettas to everybody on here! :p

Betta's? I breed paradise fish... Dad is a 3" albino and mum is a 2-2.5" red and blue.

Cheers,
Paradise<3!

I got confused :lol:

you'll be a established breeder selling show quality paradise fish to everybody on here then. :good:

:lol:

I got confused :lol:

you'll be a established breeder selling show quality paradise fish to everybody on here then. :good:

I have to take some to the LFS for the owner, he want's some of them for his big 5ft tank.

Cheers,
Paradise<3!

Updates with pictures!!!
I finally managed to get some pictures of the older babies! I also got some brilliant pictures of mum and dad flaring at each other over who guards the nest. All babies, including the newly hatched ones, are good and healthy. I haven't lost a single one since that last one died. Anyway, here's the pictures!!!
Dad and Babies
Babies.jpg

Buster2.jpg

Mum and Dad with Babies
Babies1.jpg

BusterandSophiera.jpg

Dad
Buster.jpg

Mum
Sophiera1.jpg

Mum and Dad flaring at each other
BusternSophiera.jpg

ButsernSophiera.jpg

Older babies
Baby.jpg

Baby1.jpg

Cheers,
Paradise<3!

Great photos, they're certainly not dirt now! :good:

The parents look nice and healthy :)

Great photos, they're certainly not dirt now! :good:

The parents look nice and healthy :)

Yep, mum and dad are like a married couple! They argue over who guards the babies that are now free swimming, the flare at each other! What don't they do?

Cheers,
Paradise<3!

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back