Oxygen-Saturation In Freshwater With Micro Air Bubbles

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

littleruby2

Reaction score
Hi there,

I wish to share an amazing effect with you, I never expected to see in an freshwater tank.   

Recently, at a nightly routine check of my freshwater breeding tanks, under the light a torch I saw a picture so far

I knew only from skimmers in marine tanks: thousands of floating tiny air bubbles. Many of them dissolving before

reaching the water surface, making it perfect for water aeration not only under breeding conditions.

The setup is quite simple: a self made additional filter water outlet consisting of an air control and a short piece

of silicone hose. So anyone should be able to rebuild it.

Due to the small size of the air bubbles, the effect is visible only at night under torch light. The height and

frequency of the falling water drops must be set correctly in order to generate the desired aeration effect. Each released

water drop should hit a rebouncing peak of the wave below, resulting in some sort of resonance.

I think its the perfect and easiest way to get the water oxygen-saturated at all temperatures, no matter how many

fish I keep in my tank.  

In my short video clip I uploaded to YouTube you can watch this incredible view.

Link: https://youtu.be/t7c5BR64wDk

And watching it, don't forget: It's a single water drop outlet producing all the aeration. And it's really Freshwater!  

Enjoy and best regards

Michael

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back