Over Stocked? Understocked?...stocked?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

creg

Fishaholic
Reaction score
3-2.jpg

this is my 240l tank, running 1 jbl 700 external filter and 1 1400 aps external filter

currently have,

5 zebra loach
1 bristlenose plec
about 8 ottos
12 checker barb
12 pentazona barb
2 pearl gourami
1 dwarf gourami
1 bolivian ram

was thinking about adding 12 odessa barb

this is my 240l tank, running 1 jbl 700 external filter and 1 1400 aps external filter

currently have,

5 zebra loach
1 bristlenose plec
about 8 ottos
12 checker barb
12 pentazona barb
2 pearl gourami
1 dwarf gourami
1 bolivian ram

was thinking about adding 12 odessa barb

A majority of your current stock are sub-tropical (22C is a good common ground) species that enjoy a decent flow of water, with the exceptions being your gouramis and your Bolivian Ram.

Personally, I would move the gouramis and Ram to another tank which are compatable with each other in their own right (or rehome them) and then by all means add the group of Odessa Barbs that are sub-tropical riverine fish (two females per male). Even then your 240l will be "busy" with four schooling species, I'm not sure if the three barb groups would be likely to swim at different levels.

They will probably be fine, but I would keep a close eye on how the Otos do in this tank long term, as they are by far the smallest and most fragile species in the tank and may be outcompeted for algae by the BN Catfish.

you wouldnt believe i had that many fish in there if you saw it in real life :) i swear it looks empty most of the time

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back