FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Toney

Fishaholic
Tank of the Month 🏆
Reaction score
20161029_175603.jpg
20161031_104049.jpg
wow! Two days! They've already got most everything off the back glass also.

I put 8 in my 55 and two in my 10.

You might want to find out from LFS or who ever you bought these lovely otos from just to make sure you can feed them.

A lot of times, unfortunately, LFS sells these oto from the wild and these are very hard to feed if you do not have natural green algae for them to feed on.

Tank bred are the best as these would usually be fed with algae wafers and vegetables.

BTW, otos, they are pretty active and are a social specie meaning a minimum group of at least 6 would be better but that is pretty close to fully stocking your 10 gal imho, you might be able to add a betta if temperment wise is ok, but thinking woud need to be pretty densely planted as well.

I'm worried the ten won't support two. Will probably put them in the 55 with the others.

Was thinking about turning my light back up to twelve hours again. I even put some more of the leaf zone in there that has been growing all my brown alge.

20161101_095424.jpg
put some zucchini in last night

Been a month, still got all ten!

Im going to stay posted. Hope they make it. Ive never owned one. But always been curious.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

I was worried, had to haul them halfway across the state.

Did pick up the last two at petco here, one didn't make it two days, the other one is looking better

Glad to hear you've had success with the otos. The key is to have ready to eat algae in the tank you add them to.

Congratulations on the success rate so far (knock wood).

Tricky little suckers!

I've finally figured out how to get mine food. It's been such a struggle as my endlers are such voracious pigs. I have to drop a piece of an algae wafer in one side of the tank so my endlers have a mosh pit around it until it's gone and while they're going bonkers I put a zucchini slice way up high by the top where the otos like to hang out on the leaves under the water flow. They'll stay there until it's gone.

Attachments

• IMG_3004.JPG
    IMG_3004.JPG
    211.5 KB · Views: 162

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back