Oto Scale Loss?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

cooledwhip

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Not a beginner fish keeper so I'll skip all the normal stuff... Water params fine, nothing in the tank has been changed in a few weeks. I have an idea how this happened but I want to get confirmation.

3 weeks ago my pair of GBR's (mating pair) the male went missing, (I later found out he had died and was stuck on the filter) the female was sad and stayed at the bottom, didn't eat, sunk-in stomach, etc. I moved her to my 29 community and she did the same thing. Very mad, upset, sunk stomach, then a few days after moving her her eye became huge and swollen, red, kinda bloody. I knew it was something so I took her out and euthanized her properly. I'm scared that there is some disease int he tank or something and now affected my oto. Here is a pic of him, his back is white. I assume it's scale loss but idk.

http://imgur.com/a/KcmY1

I cant tell much on the eye. But white splotches point towards perhaps a fungus. Which usually happens from stress or another underlying issue imo.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

I cant tell much on the eye. But white splotches point towards perhaps a fungus. Which usually happens from stress or another underlying issue imo.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
in your opinion or do you know that from a fact?

Im not worried about the eye. I'll play it by year and see how the fish are when I get back from class today.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back