Oscar And A Red Tail Black Shark

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

phantomlink

Fishaholic
Reaction score
I'm trying to reorganize my tanks right now, and I'm currently wondering if a 3" oscar can live with a 2.5" or so RTS? I originally wanted to put the RTS in my upcoming loach tank because I've read they can sometimes get along with loaches, but I feel it might be best in with the oscar. I'm trying to downsize from 6 tanks to 5. If anyone has had them in the same tank, how have you fed the two? My oscar waits for me to drop floating pellets in the tank, but I dunno if he'll try to eat all the the food I'll put in for the RTS

I have a RTBS in with one of my oscars, I have kept RTBS with aggressive cichlids before and they do well. Oscars are really messy eaters, my RTBS hangs around the back of the oscar at feeding time picking off all the bits he drops, but I also feed small sinking pellet for the shark.

Good to know, it was a gift to me so I cant/wont rehome or give it back to the store, we've had it for 2 months or so now and the oscar will be getting a bigger tank hes only in a 35g atm but he'll move to a 75 soon if my plan works out. I'll just have to mix the food up so the RTS will get leftovers, or put some veggies in the tank for it to pick at

Bad idea the Oscar will outgrow the Shark and eat it, my 4" Flowerhorn swallowed half of my 2" RTS whole and Oscars have bigger mouths than Flowerhorns.

I kept the 2 together for a while a few years ago and the Oscar ate the shark. My Oscar was arould the 7" mark though and the shark 4".

I have a 9" Albino tiger Oscar, 14" Red Bellied Pacu and A RTC in a 650lt tank, Oscar and Pacu well fed, been together since babies, not ideal but has worked for me!

Most reactions

trending

Back