Orchid Sunburn

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

snowflake311

Fish nerd
Reaction score
I have been doing good growing aquatic plaNts now I am growing orchids. I love them. I bought what looking like a healthy spider orchid but I left it in the car most of the day with it was bit and I noticed brown. I think it got sun burn. Should I worry about it? You can see a bit of the brown on the left leaf.

Here is my plant

Make Aure it stays in a damp environment. Preferably a bathroom or kitchen. Orchids love heat but steamy environment.
Just give it a little water and it should replenish itself :3

Here is the damage I was not sure if it was sunburn or what I am 99% sure it is Sunburn on the leaf. Caused by my leaving it in the car. I feel so bad. 

Lovely orchid, I am also a big fan of them! try not to worry about the sun burn on the leaf it should not affect the plant that much, it will grow on and compensate with new leaves if this one eventually falls, just keep it out of direct sun, they are a lot tougher than people give them credit for! mine love my west facing window behind the net curtain, they are phaleonopsis, I also have a nice purple dendrobium that is preparing to flower for me as we speak 
smile.png

I'd go using net curtains as well or stand it on a plate of pebbles full of water :D

Up Date. It is bad sunburn. The part that got burnt is dry now. Poor Plant it is all my Fault. Well I repotted it. I have it in a window that gets a good amount of indirect morning light. The plant is doing really well now. I have a new Bulb on the way 
yes.gif
. I was so happy to see that. New Growth is a sign that the plant forgives me and is recovering. I hope to get some new flowers in the spring maybe? Yes Orchids are though plants. 

I just got another orchid a Sherry Baby. It is Huge and I love it. The poor thing is so cramped in this tiny pot I will wait till the blooms fall off and repot this beast of a plant. 

It took my a year to understand what it took to care for orchids where I live. I think I have it under control. My mini Phals have new spikes too !!

My newest Orchid and by far the best! It smells amazing. 

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back