Orange Shoulder And Gold Severums

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

jb12288

Moved On
Reaction score
I bought 3 orange shoulder sevs, 2 gold sevs, and 3 firemouths yesterday for my 100 gallon. So it is all new fish with what I just listed. I am wanting to color boost feed them. What should I use? So far I have been feeding krill, bloodworms, brineshrimp, and beefheart, also a few pellets. Are there any other good color boosting foods to use? The orange shoulder sevs are about 3", the gold sevs are about 2", and the firemouths are all about 2".

80 degree farenhiet
6.8 pH
nitrate is 20 ppm
nitrite is 0 ppm
hardness is 120 ppm
alkalinity is 80 ppm
ammonia is 0 ppm

I would personally cut out the beefheart, severums (or most fish) don't eat mammalian flesh, I used to feed it to my fish but realised there's not much point as it fouls the water too much. Make sure to feed them their greens as its a big part of severums diet.

You say also 'a few pellets', don't know what you mean by this but pellets should be the staple and the treats should be the 'few' if you know what I mean.

Just keep up the varied diet and keep the water clean and they should colour up nicely.

I would personally cut out the beefheart, severums (or most fish) don't eat mammalian flesh, I used to feed it to my fish but realised there's not much point as it fouls the water too much. Make sure to feed them their greens as its a big part of severums diet.

You say also 'a few pellets', don't know what you mean by this but pellets should be the staple and the treats should be the 'few' if you know what I mean.

Just keep up the varied diet and keep the water clean and they should colour up nicely.

well pellets are given every feeding time. along with all of the above. i will cut out the beefheart. I forgot to add that I also have give a piece of cucumber and they seems to like it pretty good.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back