Orange Gourami With White Spots In Eyes

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

tweenage

Reaction score
hi i have a gourmai and it has white bits in teh centre of its eyes , the white bits appear to protroud and are on both eyes bang in the centre of the black part of the eye , its had them for a few weeks , but they are not going , if my fish blind or something? or is there a cure
regards

I think the most common cause of cloudy eye is poor water quality and/or damage from fighting (or poor diet ... but that would be unusual in aquarium fish)

Are they cloudy spots or very distinct and white?

It could be bacterial ... so, I might try Melafix as a gentle first option ... whilst also checking that the water is in tip top condition.

Imported fish can sometimes have eye flukes I believe ... but that too is very rare and there isn't any easy treatment.

they are not cloudy , its like a stuck on white dot , cant get a picture of it , when it moves its eyes , the spots move as well , its on both eyes not just one

Sounds very odd to me ... she said helpfully :D

Have you got anything in the tank ... like loaches, maybe ... that could have attacked your fish. They often go for the eyes first, I think.

If the eyes had been damaged then it might be a bacterial or fungal infection of the damaged parts of the eye.

As long as the fish looks happy and healthy, I'd still try Melafix but perhaps in combination with Pimafix too ... cover all the angles :p
Neither are very strong medications, though, they will just help the fish to heal itself. If the fish starts to look really ill, I'd go over and ask in the Emergencies section.

White specs on eyes can be eye flukes. white dots can be whitespot.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back