Online Fish Stores In The Us

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

erk628

Fish Herder
Reaction score
Maybe I just don't know how to use the search function correctly but everytime I try to search for something it just shows me any post with a word in it that I have put it. Anyways whats some good sites to order fish on in the US. I would like one that your able to order males or females.

I am not sure about this particular search option but you can google "Order fish online in the US" and get all kinds. YOu can post them here and see if anyone has used them or not.

Mod's Edit: OK, Let's try this again now that I've had to delete some worthless comments. And no, a link to Google is not an acceptable answer to a member's question.
nono.gif

Thanks Inchworm! Thanks for the advise shelby I've tryed that and don't get many results. I know I have seen a whole lot of online sites posted on here before but like I said the search function on here just doesn't work like it use to. I type in what kind of posts I want and it just shows me post for each word I entered and none of them have anything to do with what I'm looking for. I've never ordered fish online I just got whatever my LFS had but this time around I don't want to be restricted to that. I know a lot of people on here order fish online so I'd rather see what they prefer instead of play trial and error myself that could get expensive.

Oh I forgot to mention I'm setting up a 150 gallon community tank so thats the sort of fish I'll be looking for!

Thatpetplace.com

They are located in PA, I actually live about half an hour from them, but they do online shipping, however I'm not sure if they are doing it right now because of the weather, and they unfortunetly don't have quite all their stock listed on the site (no shrimp other than salt water, though they carry different types) but they have some seriously neat stuff. I would do your research none the less, as any fish store they do occasionally have things listed wrong (certain gobies listed as fresh when in fact brackish).

Thatpetplace.com

They are located in PA, I actually live about half an hour from them, but they do online shipping, however I'm not sure if they are doing it right now because of the weather, and they unfortunetly don't have quite all their stock listed on the site (no shrimp other than salt water, though they carry different types) but they have some seriously neat stuff. I would do your research none the less, as any fish store they do occasionally have things listed wrong (certain gobies listed as fresh when in fact brackish).
Thanks for the link Ninjasmurf I'll check it out. Thanks for the advise to I live in OH so they wouldnt have to travel to far to get here.

Sorry to offend.

Actually I suggested using google to find some and then post them (the names of the ones you found not the google links) here and see if anyone had used them before. It wasn't so much a trial and error suggestion as it was a suggestion as a way to find one if the search function was not working for them.

Sometimes the search function on here isn't user friendly.

Sorry to offend.

Actually I suggested using google to find some and then post them (the names of the ones you found not the google links) here and see if anyone had used them before. It wasn't so much a trial and error suggestion as it was a suggestion as a way to find one if the search function was not working for them.

Sometimes the search function on here isn't user friendly.
I understood what you said like I said when I did a good search not very many at all came up. When I was talking about the trial and error I was talking about ordering from a website and finding out myself if they were good or not.

I bought fish from Thatpetplace.com and I live across the country in Nv. My fish were perfect no DOA. I was very happy with them and would use them again for sure. I bought plants from them too.

Aquabid is a good one. You could try petsolutions.com

petsolutions.com

liveaquaria.com

thatpetplace

aquabid

these ive heard good things from and i myself want to order things from them.

Thanks guys for all the links I was checking out all the fish on thatpetplace and they have some fish on there that are just crazy looking like the freshwater lion fish. That thing looks like a little monster. :lol:

You should see their fish room, everytime I walk in there I just start wandering around looking at all the fish, up and down the aisles... Half the time I'll forget what I actually came in for.

Hi erk628 :)

If you are looking for interesting fish, before you do anything else, I would suggest you check our list and see if there is a local aquarium society in your area. You would be amazed at the variety of fish that can often be purchased at their monthly auctions or traded from other members. They will not only be healthy but will have been raised in your local water supply.

http://www.fishforums.net/index.php?/topic/292232-local-aquarium-society-directory/

As for online purchases, I like AquaBid. If you read the offers in the areas you are interested in you will soon get a feel for what the main sellers are like. Pay particular attention to the feedback. Fish hobbyists seem to be serious about this and, while you can allow for problems to happen once in a while, most of the comments will be pretty accurate.

When buying from AquaBid sellers, note if they are breeders, importers, etc. Wild caught fish will be different in age, size, and condition from tank raised fish. You will be taking more of a risk but it's often the only way to obtain unusual species.

It's a good idea to contact the seller and ask a few questions. Most will answer you promptly and completely. They want you to be happy with your purchase and this means helping you get your expectations in line with what they are selling. Most of them are friendly and helpful. Forget about doing business with the few who are not.

Shipping makes a big difference too. With the cold weather you will need to find someone who ships with heat packs and use overnight delivery. This is expensive and a good reason why you should buy the more common fish locally.

As for the big online companies, I only had experience with one of them and it was bizarre. Here's my thread about it:

http://www.fishforums.net/index.php?showtopic=112379&st=0&p=946404&hl=raising%20the%20dead&fromsearch=1&#entry946404

Most reactions

Back