One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Shovelman

Fish Addict
Reaction score
Im planning on a 30gallon heavily planted rimless cube aquarium with pretty intense lighting and a put together co2 system using paintball equipment (its possible, and a heck of alot cheaper).

So since im planning this baby out, im thinking about what i will adventually stock it with so i can meet the fishes preferences, not my own!

ive come up with some stocking ideas but not all that much, here are some of my ideas

#1: a school of corydoras for the bottom level (probably panda cories), 2 angelfish (im going to try and find some nicer blue philipino pinoy sngels...fancy!), and either a bristle nose catfish or 5-6 ottos....
#2: Same idea of the cories, and ottos/bn pleco, but maybe just do a big swarm of schooling fish...maybe rasboras, or tetras, idk yet!
#3 kind of like an asian biotype with 2 pearl gourami's, some kind of loach, a couple black khuli loaches, and maybe some rasbora's..
#4 oddball tank, !note! I've allready kept DP's (dwarf puffers) and although they were cool, id like something a little bit bigger than 1inch..haha so im going to post this oddball question in...well the oddball forums if anyone would like to comment!

Please comment/leave your opinion, as id like to get the ball rolling on this project! Also, feel free and i am actually wanting to hear any of YOUR stocking ideas, so what would you do in a 30 gallon tank!? Thanks everyone!

ouuu! do an indonesian stream! haha but ph should be 6.8- 7.2 and temp 77-80. with co2 use a reddish brown gravel which is the result of iron in the wild! so make it pimp!

plant list
1.blyxa echinosperma
2.cryptocoryne affinis
3.cryptocoryne moehlmanni
4.hygrophila corymbosa
5.mirco peteropus
6. vesicularia dubyana
7. crypocoryne balansae
8.rotala wallichii
9.rotola rotundifolia

some fish ideas:
loaches like black kkuli for bottom
middle : checkerd. five banded, or cherry barbs and dwarf , harlequin or sissortail rasboras
some gouamis would also be sutible such as three spot, opaline, gold, pearl or chocolate, paradise fish or kissing gourami too.

ouuu! do an indonesian stream! haha but ph should be 6.8- 7.2 and temp 77-80. with co2 use a reddish brown gravel which is the result of iron in the wild! so make it pimp!

plant list
1.blyxa echinosperma
2.cryptocoryne affinis
3.cryptocoryne moehlmanni
4.hygrophila corymbosa
5.mirco peteropus
6. vesicularia dubyana
7. crypocoryne balansae
8.rotala wallichii
9.rotola rotundifolia

some fish ideas:
loaches like black kkuli for bottom
middle : checkerd. five banded, or cherry barbs and dwarf , harlequin or sissortail rasboras
some gouamis would also be sutible such as three spot, opaline, gold, pearl or chocolate, paradise fish or kissing gourami too.

would those glass catfish possible fit into the equation, given that there will be some nice current going?

Glass cats are a possibility, they like heavy planting, did you consider the pitbull pleco? A few of those would be a nice unique touch.
An oddball? Maybe an African leaf fish?

Glass cats are a possibility, they like heavy planting, did you consider the pitbull pleco? A few of those would be a nice unique touch.
An oddball? Maybe an African leaf fish?

I thought about the african leaf fish and the south american leaf fish, and allthough both are cool and all i think id lose track of where they are in a heavily planted tank..hahaha and also im trying to avoid driving out each week or so to grab live food....

not so much into pleco's to be honest

Most reactions

trending

Back