What's new

Old fishlore members!

Pet of the Month Starts Now!
FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 Click here to enter! 🐰
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ohhhh I am here from 2013.

Though I have had several arguments with mods at FL the past years (mostly about banning people) I've withnessed this on all the forums I have joined during the years.
Some members clearly cross / pass a line which if they would take a clear look in the mirror and be honest they'll know themselves. Others say something that is meand differently than mods take it. Some mods are not capable enough to view these things in the way were meand to and response in a ridiculous way using the power they got to do so (= warning / banning). I don't think it is that bad on FL compared to other forums.

To be completely honest : I wasn't very active on this specific forum during the years cause I didn't like the "agressive atmosphere". Recently I reacted / tried on a thread and again was answered full of unneeded and ridiculous sarcasm as I felt it. Well....... so be it.

Long story short : These things happen at all forums (left the Dutch forum after a official warning) and I think one should search for / join the forum or forums that one feels good about. Don't blame mods, it is life and all about interhumanely (is this English?) contacts, communication and relations. There will always be fair and unfair in this world (at least as we see it personally).

It is nice to see known members (some asking the same thing on all the forums hahaha). A lot of earlier banned members (which a lot of you don't know) found their way to other forums.

Follow your feelings, share your knowledge, be kind and be yourself.

Kind regards.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G925F met Tapatalk

Ohhhh I am here from 2013.

Though I have had several arguments with mods at FL the past years (mostly about banning people) I've withnessed this on all the forums I have joined during the years.
Some members clearly cross / pass a line which if they would take a clear look in the mirror and be honest they'll know themselves. Others say something that is meand differently than mods take it. Some mods are not capable enough to view these things in the way were meand to and response in a ridiculous way using the power they got to do so (= warning / banning). I don't think it is that bad on FL compared to other forums.

To be completely honest : I wasn't very active on this specific forum during the years cause I didn't like the "agressive atmosphere". Recently I reacted / tried on a thread and again was answered full of unneeded and ridiculous sarcasm as I felt it. Well....... so be it.

Long story short : These things happen at all forums (left the Dutch forum after a official warning) and I think one should search for / join the forum or forums that one feels good about. Don't blame mods, it is life and all about interhumanely (is this English?) contacts, communication and relations. There will always be fair and unfair in this world (at least as we see it personally).

It is nice to see known members (some asking the same thing on all the forums hahaha). A lot of earlier banned members (which a lot of you don't know) found their way to other forums.

Follow your feelings, share your knowledge, be kind and be yourself.

Kind regards.

That's very rational. I don't believe that this is a big deal but I know people (often mods/leaders) might get up on their high horse without even noticing. Note that Fishlore is incredibly strict compared to other forums.

That's very rational. I don't believe that this is a big deal but I know people (often mods/leaders) might get up on their high horse without even noticing. Note that Fishlore is incredibly strict compared to other forums.
Ohhh yes there are a lot of leaders or mods on high horses for sure. I don't think that is the right leadership at all, but that's me.
I know Fishlore is strict on certain things (copyright (might be based on experiences) / mentioning or linking to other forums especially I think is wrong : one of the discussions with the mods was about why being sooooo afraid of that) but being strict isn't bad. Interpretation, taking action and sanctioning on the wrong topics and in the wrong way is.

I always compare leadership with the leader of a pack of wolves. Only bodylanguage is enough (difficult at a forum hahaha). A real leader doesn't have to fight or argue constantly. A leader leads based on respect (earned) and being fair.

Last edited:
I understand there must be rules and policies but abusing them as leaders shouldn’t be allowed. Lucy closed my post but 7 hours later Rivieraneo opened it back up just to lash out at me himself, then closed it again immediately. One sided conversations, IMO, are an abuse of power.

I understand there must be rules and policies but abusing them as leaders shouldn’t be allowed. Lucy closed my post but 7 hours later Rivieraneo opened it back up just to lash out at me himself, then closed it again immediately. One sided conversations, IMO, are an abuse of power.
What thread was that? lol

I think it was Help, Internal Bleeding and Goldfish Dying or something like that.

Um, like I said, some are bias which doesn't make them good moderators. Simple

I was an old Fishlore member from a year ago. I was banned in one of their mass cullings. I am part of a few forums, and one of those groups said that there were some Fishlore members joining here. Thought I might as well see if any of the old members came over here too..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was an old Fishlore member from a year ago. I was banned in one of their mass cullings. I am part of a few forums, and one of those groups said that there were some Fishlore members joining here. Thought I might as well see if any of the old members came over here too..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yup! And they shouldn't have banned you for no reason! I had been on fishlore since 2013.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back