Oh No, No Ono

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Munroco

Fish Herder
Tank of the Month 🏆
Reaction score
I just saw this on youtube while looking up green spot algae and I thought "I have to have this" unfortunately it doesn't seem to be available any more. Anyone know of a similar product?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3c7Pbd1w0I

Nope, never seen that before.

I tend to use a toothbrush and sometimes a cheap green scourer if the green spot is particularly stubborn, does the trick for me.

Yup.

It can be a pain to do and at least the green spot algae not doing any harm, just unsightly, just as long it's under control somewhat every week when doing routine maintenance it's not all that hard to do really.

just be thankful it's not hair algae or BBA :x

Read a tip on the web about using an old credit card which makes it slightly easier than scouring.

I have read about using razor blades as well. Personally i clean the green spots with my magnets. The surface of the inner magnet is harder and does the job.

I use blades and they work but that cloth would be great

I have horrible green spot algae so I feel for you. A tooth brush has been the only weapon of choice that does the job for me but I really have to put some effort into it. That sponge would be soooo great :) Have't tried a razor blade yet so I can't say how they do. Maybe I'll try it the next time I do a water change ;) 

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back