OH NO! Betty's Really Chasing Roxie now!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

JessiMommy

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Ok last week I asked what I could do about my original platy chasing her new tank mate (also platy). I believe they are both females. A lot of you suggested a male to ease the tension... But I don't want babies! Anyway the chasing quieted down so I though ok they got used to each other. Well this afternoon out of the blue Betty is not only chasing Roxie she's trying to nip at her too. Lucky for Roxie she's fast. Anyway, why this sudden change in behavior? Betty is also slightly nipping at the 2 cory cats when it's feeding time & they come near. She's never done this before. Right now I'm really worried about Roxie because she is being pestered almost non stop. I have another tank but it is not set up so moving Mean ol' Betty is not an option right now... Help!! What should I do???

um,has she been looking fat lately? i know when my molly, who was prego when i bought her from the petstore (didn't know it when i bought her) acted that way the last week of her pregnancy. she'd chase and nip at any fish that came near her.
just a thought

MANY_A_MOLLY said:
um,has she been looking fat lately? i know when my molly, who was prego when i bought her from the petstore (didn't know it when i bought her) acted that way the last week of her pregnancy. she'd chase and nip at any fish that came near her.
just a thought
No she looks the same as ever. The one who's doing the chasing I've had for about 3 months the one who's being chased has been here for 2 weeks.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back