Odd Fungal Like Sacks On Top Of Gravel

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Bradenh

Reaction score
My tank is just a couple of weeks new and to avoid spending quite a bit of money on mailing out for plants, I purchases a couple of the top fin plants at pet smart, the ones that are supposed to be nail, fungus, and disease free. 
For the past week I have noticed these sacks popping up around the same area, around the same time that I added some of the plants, which in fact are not snail free I might add. 
I've never seen this before in my other tanks so I'm worried if it is indeed a type of fungus what harm will it have, and if so what product to use to maintain it. 
Upon research I could not identify it myself so I am looking for some input from those who have much more experience than I do.
The tank is stocked with three serpae tetras, one black tetra, two khuli loaches, two red cherry shrimp, and now three (so far) stow away snails.

Below is a link showing the bubble/sack like object in the middle. They are pretty small so far, maybe about 3/4 of a penny or so. Thank you for your help!
http://postimg.org/image/5ol0gqm4d/

what substrate are you using soil or gravel ? i would try to remove as much of the fungus looking stuff as i could to be on the safe side

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back