Now You Can "like" A Post And Un Update On Adding Polls

Chad

Reef Tank, Crustacean, and Puffer Enthusiast
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
About "Like"
If I configured things correctly you should all now be seeing a new button on posts that allows you to "like" them. 
New members can like up to 5 posts a day and regular members can like up to 20 a day. We might adjust these numbers as needed of course. 

Poll Update
Members can now add a poll to their post for up to a week after posting it. Just in case you decide after the fact that your question about "which fish should I get" would benefit from having a poll (of course it would). 

Well...I think so...it's all new so I think we'll have to wait and see. Don't run around liking things just to find out though. ;) That would water down the results. 

Good improvement Chad.  I have often wished there was a "like" so I could simply click on that, rather than having to post saying I agreed [I take the "like" to agreeing].  B.

Byron said:
Good improvement Chad.  I have often wished there was a "like" so I could simply click on that, rather than having to post saying I agreed [I take the "like" to agreeing].  B.
Agreed!

I always think it a good idea to confirm good information for new members, who might feel more confident in following advice if it's being corroborated by a few established members rather than just one, but it does get a bit repetitive to keep posting, "I agree"
wink.png

This could be a really useful feature.

I just pressed the like this button, the forum seemed to then start flashing the three dots at the top for ages, however I did not wait for it but continued, so hopefully it will still register my like

ricbea said:
Hi, Can you clarify what is a new member and a regular member please? BTW I like the idea.
Sure you can find details here: http://www.fishforums.net/index.php?/topic/422935-forum-signature-other-rules/

But the short of it is a new member is someone with fewer than 60 posts. 

Until you have reached 60 useful posts on the site you will be restricted from the following activities:
  • Using the chat room
  • Starting threads in the classified section though you may reply to existing threads.
  • Creating a signature
  • Write a review
  • Send 1 Private Message per Day during the first 60 posts
These restrictions are designed to protect the forum and it's members from spam, unwanted posts, and to encourage new members to join in the discussions. Discussions are what make this forum great.

Don,t see 'like' count showing up.. Hopfully that can be added.

The forum software has been updated and the "like" menu changed since 2015.

The Rules have also been amended since this thread was started. New members no longer have to make 60 posts, useful or otherwise, to do the things listed in Chad's post.

Ok I think the like button was always there. At least I have noticed it as long as I have been on this forum. as for the 60 post thing. Its not that hard to do.

The Like used to have different things. 'Agree ' was one that disappeared after a software upgrade.

The 60 post restriction for new members was removed a few weeks ago. It used to be the first item in the forum rules, but it has been removed from there.

I bet you were glad of the restriction when I joined #Spammalot :rofl:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back