Notes Post Soon To Be Journal

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Keeper Of Cichlids

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
I will be starting a proper journal soon, I'm just using this to post notes about my plans.

Tank has been ordered but will be here in March

Tank size: 5X2X2

Intended Stocking:

Tiger Oscar X1
Blue Gene Jack Dempsey X1 - Female
Green Terror X1 - Male
Eel X1
Senegal Bichir X1
Spotted Pleco X1
Blue Acara possibly

This is not the final stocking but is a start.
I know it's hit and miss with all these cichlids but they would all be added from 1 inch.
Pics will be up as soon as the tank arrives, I already have the Oscar and Bichir so pics will be available of those as soon as I find my camera charger.
I would be happy to hear any advice/changes on stocking and any advice on Aqua-Scaping.

I will be using a Fluval FX5 and a Tetratec EX1200.
Tank will have plenty of bogwood, caves, rocks.

Any advice welcome

*JUST A NOTES POST*

The idea of a journal is that its a sequential log of posts from yourself mapping out the changes within your tank through the various stages of its life, starting with the planning ideas through to the actual 'birth' of your tank. So that being said, this IS your journal :) Thus i shall start with the first of what we all hope to be many replies, yes!

Initial stocking seems quite intrigueing to me, and to be honest I quite like it, especially the Jack - Haha! Personally can't see the Blue Acara working long term, because adult size will mean it shall be seen as food to an adult Oscar, no? You mention you already have the Oscar too, so i'd suggest getting your skates on with getting all the other fish in the tank. Have you kept a Jack before, and also an Oscar for that matter? You say your going to add them at the same time, well that being the case after 6 months your Jack may have grown an inch, or two...whereas the Oscar will grow at roughly an inch a month. So after 6 months he's going to be substantially bigger than anything in the tank...He would have been the last fish to put in from exerience, with the Jack one of the first due to their much slower growth rate. Other stocking seems good. Do you mean you want 'a spotty' plec, or is the plec you want called a spotty plec, any idea on L-number? The Bichir fanatics will argue how they aught not be kept with anything distincly 'non-bichir' - Pah....albeit there is some truth there i suppose.

You havn't really gone into much detail about the set-up itself in terms of hardscape/decor, being quite vague. Adds to the mystique i suppose, eagerlyawaiting to see how you plan on doing it.

Keep us updated, as i'll be keeping an eye out to see how this shapes up!
James

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back