Not Sure Where To Go From Here

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

LicianDragon

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
WP_000274_zpsf12655d2.jpg
Sorry for the giant image and bad quality, all I have is the camera on my phone. So this is a 20 gallon planted community tank. I would love for this to look nicer or something but I don't know where to go from here. I'd like to leave the taller plants to the side to allow light to reach the moss wall bachdrop(it's new so the moss hasn't grown through much yet). Any ideas?

CO2 Injection! Rapid growth and lush green! :p

techen said:
CO2 Injection! Rapid growth and lush green!
tongue2.gif
I dose liquid CO2 daily. I currently don't have the money for CO2 injection, plus my plants are already growing like weeds! The picture doesn't do them justice but they're very lush and green! 

I would plop in a plant behind your rock cave, maybe try a sword, or something with a different shape than what you have in there now. You might try a couple crypts on the sides in front of the other plants :good:    Are you growing moss on those nets??? :drool:

greenmumma141 said:
I would plop in a plant behind your rock cave, maybe try a sword, or something with a different shape than what you have in there now. You might try a couple crypts on the sides in front of the other plants
good.gif
   Are you growing moss on those nets???
drool.gif
I am yes, but sadly, it seems only the moss on the side of the tank is growing. I might move some of the plants back being the rocks. What do you guys think of tying pennywort to the mesh and "train" it to grow horizontally? Kind of creating a wall of it in the back?

that would be interesting would like to see that :) but yes i agree with green a nice big amazon sword would fill the gap in the middle nicely :)

Plants plants and more plants XD

You need your stems to bulk out. Are you pruning? If you're cutting stems back then plant some to spread the individual plant sections, when they start to grow into sensible groups that run into each other it'll start to look really verdant.

DrRob said:
You need your stems to bulk out. Are you pruning? If you're cutting stems back then plant some to spread the individual plant sections, when they start to grow into sensible groups that run into each other it'll start to look really verdant.
Yes I am trimming. The taller plants in the back are newer and haven't been trimmed yet. The moss wall didn't work out at all. My fish kept getting themselves stuck in it or behind it so I took it out...
I have the whole thing rearranged now that I moved it back home and will post an updated picture soon.

i would add something to the far left forground i think it looks kind of empty mabey a crypt of some sort?

WP_000410_zps19bc5128.jpg

Ok, sorry for the bad quality, all I have is the camera in my phone. I did away with the moss walls, they weren't growing very well and my fish kept finding ways behind or inside them and dying. I moved my water sprite, water wysteria, to the back and moved the larger rock up. I think it looks much better right now. Not looking to add anything else but if anyone has a better idea on how to arrange this I'd be happy =)

I think it looks better now that you have moved around. Not sure about the stones on the right hand side though, looks cluttered but that could be just me.  As techen said I would wait a bit and let things grow out to see if you like it.

thomtom said:
I think it looks better now that you have moved around. Not sure about the stones on the right hand side though, looks cluttered but that could be just me.  As techen said I would wait a bit and let things grow out to see if you like it.
Thanks! Yeah, I agree it's a little cluttered. I might rearrange them closer to the other rocks in a sort of "pile" next water change and move the plants over to the left.

Most reactions

Back