Not ich?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to vote! šŸ†

My mind has just been blown lol. I already opened the box of marineland filters. after I use those up,I could switch to just sponges? My model filter has two cartridge slots. I guess in the meantime I could do one cartridge and one sponge until Iā€™m done with the box? I had no idea I didnā€™t need carbon. and no itā€™s not a planted tank.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My mind has just been blown lol. I already opened the box of marineland filters. after I use those up,I could switch to just sponges? My model filter has two cartridge slots. I guess in the meantime I could do one cartridge and one sponge until Iā€™m done with the box? I had no idea I didnā€™t need carbon. and no itā€™s not a planted tank.

With no live plants, there is no detriment to using carbon, so use the packaged filters until they are gone, then you can do the sponge/foam media Colin mentioned.

I just edited my previous post to make it clearer. But the reason most of us do not recommend carbon is the cost; when it is not really beneficial, it seems pointless to buy cartridges regularly when a piece of sponge or foam will last years. You do not "need" carbon except to remove specific additives sometimes, like medications, but at the same time using it will not hurt (except with live plants).

I left the cartridges out while the ick meds were in. Did I kill the beneficial bacteria?
:( also,one of the gouramiā€™s passed after I made a water change. temp was the same and ph was close so I guess it just stressed him. this is a pic of the spot at the base of the dorsal fin. Does that look like Ich?
4618965aa88967c612903f255deb2a3b.jpg
4618965aa88967c612903f255deb2a3b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back