Normally social cories now hiding...

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

julielynn47

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Looking for reasons as to why my normally social cories have started hiding under drift wood all the time.
Nothing has changed about the tank. Water parameters are good, nothing added or taken away from the tank. They have been in the tank for over a year. I put them in when they were babies and now they are grown. So this is not a new home for them. I have added no new fish. No new decorations. Nothing, not a plant or anything. I have not changed foods.

I just do not understand why they would all of sudden start hiding under the drift wood and not come out.

Any ideas?

poor water quality is the most common cause, Has your water supply changed?
Water corporations sometimes change what they add to the water and it could be causing an issue. Check the tap water for ammonia, nitrite, nitrate & pH

I have checked it all. Everything seems to be the same as always. It is just really weird to me

Are the fish acting nervous at all?

Have you moved any furniture around the room or got a new pet or are there any new people in the house?
Has there been a sudden change in temperature over the last week?

What about tank mates? Some fish may be fine with their tank mates for a really long time, and then suddenly not be fine anymore. The corys might be getting picked on. What do you have in the tank with them?

It has gotten really warm over the last couple of weeks. Summer is definitely here. But this did not effect them last year.

As to tank mates, I have a Betta in the tank. But, there has never been an issue before. I have not seen him being mean to them ever, not even once. It is a 75 gallon tank and has a LOT of plants...too many really, I keep having to thin the floating ones out.

So I just don't know.

They do however come out of hiding after the tank lights no off. But not when the tank is lit

just sounds like typical cory behaviour hiding during the day and coming out at night. they are nocturnal so hiding during the day is normal. :)

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back