None Of My Lfs Has Corydoras Hastatus

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

David007c

Reaction score
I also searched google to purchase it online but so far no luck. I know they are extremely rare to get but I desperately want to get them. does anyone know where to get them online?

If you are in fact in the US... aquabid usually has some sellers for it.  That said, there are good seller and there are some bad.  

I've never had a bad experience with anyone there, but you never know.  

Sorry to say but in UK these are pretty common to find, its the habrosus cory thats hard to find in UK. (the one i REALLY want but my water is unsuitable for them :( )

Would have thought being in US these would be easier to find but, as EA says, Aquabid should have these on sale sooner or later.

I had Corydoras hastatus back in the mid 1980's, but I have not seen them available for the last two decades.  A couple times I have seen a local fish store list "hastatus" corys, but they have always turned out to be C. habrosus or sometimes C. pygmaeus.

C. hastatus will be wild caught, so availability will be seasonal at best.  It has a wide distribution range in Amazonas, which makes one wonder why it is so infrequently imported.  It is the "plainest" of the three so-called dwarf species, so perhaps that has something to do with it.

As you are in the USA, one fish supplier I have heard good things about is The Wet Spot in Portland, Oregon.  They do mail order in the US, and have a huge list of fish (but no C. hastatus currently listed); you might want to contact them with the question. Their website is:
http://www.wetspottropicalfish.com/

Byron.

Ch4rlie said:
Sorry to say but in UK these are pretty common to find, its the habrosus cory thats hard to find in UK. (the one i REALLY want but my water is unsuitable for them
sad.png
)

Would have thought being in US these would be easier to find but, as EA says, Aquabid should have these on sale sooner or later.
Some in Discovery

Most reactions

trending

Members online

No members online now.
Back