Nocturnal Betta?

BettaBum873

Fishaholic
Reaction score
a couple of weeks ago i bought male betta. well i took him home and low and behold he wasn't eating and didn't eat until only a day or so ago (see my other thread about him not eating) well i found out that he only eats the food at night, and he only moves and swims around at night. is this normal for a betta? it's got to be dark in the room without any lights on. can my betta be nocturnal or do i just have one of those "special" bettas?

*note* i know bettas aren't nocturnal and that they normally sleep at night*

hmmm, his name is Loki which means spawn of satan, lol. No I don't feed him bloodworms

This his him, Evil looking isn't he?

Fishies042.jpg

Fishies035.jpg

Maybe he's just not comfortable yet and there's less noise and activity at night. Is he in a quiet corner or right in the middle of things in the house? I'd just bear with it and give him time either way. I've had cats who took awhile to settle in to the rhythyms of the household and are shy at first. This might be the case here. He's a real looker!!

My fish is more active at night also. I have not really thought much of it. When I go to feed him if I look inside his tank I get a reflection from the inside.. i hope that makes sense. Could it be that hes more active at night because he can see better?

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back