Nightmare Week! An The Week

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

STEVE2493

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
i was away over the weekend, when i got home on Sunday night one off my peacock goby's had died. not surprised I've had abit off trouble feeding them.

Monday one off my frogs died, don't no y he looked healthy and was eating well.

Tuesday a peacock goby has just disappeared(I'm now down to one) i 've checked every were, i move the two big bit's off bog wood an stirred up lot's off crap, i couldn't find him there's no gaps in my tank.
time for a water change to clear some off the crap.

got home today at 4.45 to find my filter has packed in, haven't a clue how long it's been off, so quick stripped it down and changed the fuse, no joy with it. it came free with the tank some cheap Chinese make.

so i quickly shoot down to my lfs hoping it's still open, luckily it was, told i need a new filter for a 55g tank, he showed a ffluval 305, he then said it's £159, i nearly fell over as I've never brought one before.

he then said it's been reduced to £99, so I'm now £99 lighter :(

got it home, it took me ages to sort the new pipe's out as my tanks close to the wall, stirred up more crap :sad: .
turn on my new filter(using the old media) to find it's more powerful than my old cheap one, an the frogs are struggling to get to the surface, so I've had to make my old spray bar fit with the end cap off.

now just hoping the bacteria hasn't died off, check the states an all is good so far. so fingers crossed.

hope nothing else wrong this week!!

99£ you got bumped off so hard, 305 Is crap as with Fluval externals. For 80£ you coul dof got a tetratec Ex1200 more flow, better quality :|

Sorry about whats happend, and the LFS conning you cant help either...

Most reactions

Back