Nick's Veggie List

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Akasha72

Warning - Mad Cory Woman
Reaction score
Dear Mods

Please please please can we have NickAu's veggie list for pleco's pinned somewhere. It's really useful info and it would be good to have it somewhere prominant that we can refer to easily.

I hope you don't mind me asking for this Nick it's just that I keep forgetting what they can have and then I can't find your list to refer to

To be fair its not my veggie list I found it on another fish forum. But I agree maybe a moderator would like to post it and pin it.

it would be good to have somewhere where we can refer to it easily ... but it looks like the mods are ignoring me 
sad.png

This topic is actually not being ignored, far from it.

We have, in actual fact, been discussing the merits of whether to pin this or not, the difficulty added is the fact it's not Nick's own creation, he took that list from another forum so the potential for trouble is there from the original author of that veggie list.....

However, we do not think this actual post actually merits being pinned due to the simple fact you can add this particular page as a favourite or bookmark this for your references on your PC/Laptop. BUT, a moderator, can create a list of accepted vegetables for plecos and pin this in the pleco section which probably won't be all that different from the veggie list you speak of here anyway.

thanks for clearing that up ch4rlie. For me, remembering what they can have and can't have is difficult (my memory is really bad due to a health condition) and it would be good to have something somewhere with a list - whether that be the list Nick has shared or one from 'elsewhere' is irrelivent to me. 

When I posted I didn't know Nick had got the list from another place. I thought it was something he had compiled himself. Either way though, please can we have a pinned list of what plecs can and can't eat so that I can refer to it as and when I need to ... and everyone else too that wants to :)

Nick, can you add the list here please. I've just been trying to help someone who's got a plec refusing food and wanted to point them to the veggie list but can't 
evilmad.gif

Your wish is my command.

I feed mine
Omega One Veggie Rounds
Hikari Algae Wafers
Kens veggie sticks.
Blood worm
Brine shrimp
Every now and again a tiny bit of OX heart
New Life Spectrum Thera Plus pellets.

And they need fresh veggies.
This is a list of vegetables and fruit that are popular with most plecs.

Zucchini/Courgette
    Cucumber
    Peas (deshelled)
    Sweet Potato
    Green Beans
    Melon/Melon rind

Aubergine/Egg plant
    Avocado
    Broad Beans
    Broccoli/Stalk
    Butternut Squash+ other squash
    Capsicum/Bell pepper(not the hot ones)
    Cauliflower/Stalk
    Carrot
    Coconut
    Grapes
    Kale/Collard Greens
    Kiwi Fruit
    Lettuce
    Lima Beans
    Mango
    Mushroom (common plecs and goldspots love mushroom)let it float,they will reach it.
    Papaya
    Potato
    Pumpkin
    Spinach
    Sprouts
    Swede
    Tomato
    Yam

We have, in actual fact, been discussing the merits of whether to pin this or not, the difficulty added is the fact it's not Nick's own creation, he took that list from another forum so the potential for trouble is there from the original author of that veggie list.....
I do understand.

PS.

This bit IS mine.

I feed mine
Omega One Veggie Rounds
Hikari Algae Wafers
Kens veggie sticks.
Blood worm
Brine shrimp
Every now and again a tiny bit of OX heart
New Life Spectrum Thera Plus pellets.

my boy loves his New Era/Vitalis plec pellet .... he's normally very shy but if he wants his pellet he'll chase the SAE's away 

thanks for the tip. I'll check out places such as Amazon - they're the most likely to stock it for the U.K :)

yep, can get it on Amazon but it's 50 quid!!!! That's like a weeks worth of groceries over here .... I think not 
no.gif

Akasha72 said:
thanks for the tip. I'll check out places such as Amazon - they're the most likely to stock it for the U.K
smile.png

yep, can get it on Amazon but it's 50 quid!!!! That's like a weeks worth of groceries over here .... I think not 
no.gif

WOW! 

Had to double check for myself, seems only Amazon sells this stuff, eBay nope and on other general search sites are all out of luck. Seems to be a AU product, maybe the shipping costs makes this exspenive at £50 for a 10 ounce tub of sinking catfish wafers :eek:

That's extreme alright.....

Its expensive but its good. Remember I pay $29AUd for Atisons Betta Pro 2 ounces, $23 AUD for New Life Spectrum Betta pellets, I live in a country town and stuff is expensive here.

at 50 quid a pop it needs to be wrapped in pure 18 caret gold and come in a horse drawn carriage complete with fan fare!! I spend around 50 quid a week on groceries and many weeks I struggle to find the money to do that so considering paying the same amount to feed my plec - in the hope he might actually like it?? er no, not happening.

My tub of New Era/Vitalis plec pellet costs a little over £5 and last a good 3 months ... and he absolutely loves it. I think I stick with the cheap option but thanks for the recommendation anyway
smile.png

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back