Newcastle Area

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

steve1

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
swalwell aquatics :)

excellent service/advice lovely shop and VERY friendly staff even stayed open for me too drive over and buy some fish food :) when they were nearly shutting up.

for anyone local

4 Front St
Swalwell, Gateshead, Newcastle upon Tyne
0191 228 0229

swalwell aquatics :)

excellent service/advice lovely shop and VERY friendly staff even stayed open for me too drive over and buy some fish food :) when they were nearly shutting up.

for anyone local

4 Front St
Swalwell, Gateshead, Newcastle upon Tyne
0191 228 0229

Thanks mate, will have to check it out :)

I live close to them, but only visited just after they set up and they didn't have much stock in, although had plenty of tanks.

I'll have a look along some time next weekend as they are shut by the time I finish work.

they have LOTS of stock in now from marine too tropical too cold water

I found that swalwell aquatics few months ago (March-April) and the owner has great knowledge about fish keeping also it's great that you can order almost anything without problems. They have comprehensive list of things you can order.

I've been for a long time (about a year)visiting shop in Coatsworth Road / Affleck Street (Gateshead) but getting a peat granulated is real pain,been waiting 3 months for it and eventually gave up. Last time I was there they didn't had fertilisers at all (in swalwell you can order or buy in shop).
Although it's bad shop if you need anything particular they have nice service and loads of equipment for beginners/intermediates.

If you're looking for anything particular like special substrate (Oliver Knott) or particular fertilisers I would suggest Swalwell, in Coatsworth they have common equipment (one of few good shops in Tyne and Wear)

There's also good shop Gosforth Pets and Aquatics 22 Wansbeck Road South NE3 3HQ
with clean tanks and new filters,they care a lot about clean tanks and have low price

In Tyne Valley Aquatics you can even order fish (they have few hundreds to choose from- the only problem it's far away)

P.S. Anybody knows any social clubs in Tyne and Wear?

Nice to see some northerners on here!

I am from Northumberland any outlets you can recommend there? 

where is a good place in south shields or near it? down there soon

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back