The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

AMYV971

Reaction score
Hi
I have just purchased a 160 litre tank (42 gallon) and was going to use it for tropical freshwater fish. I want to have angelfish, tetras, & bristlenose. How many of each of these fish would be suitable?
Also what sort of plants should I include?
Thanks

The first thing you need to do is find out how hard your tap water is. This information should be somewhere on your water supplier's website - we need the number and the unit as they could use any one of half a dozen different units. (If you can't find your hardness, tell us the name of the company and we'll see if we can find the relevant section)
The fish you want are soft water fish which will not do well if you have hard water.

However, I should warn you that angelfish need a tank that has at least 50cm depth of water as these are tall fish. They are also shoaling fish and 160 litres is not big enough for a shoal of them. They really need a tank that is 100 x 40 x 50 cm at the smallest.

But there are lots of fish that are suitable for a 160 litre tank, and once we know your tap water hardness it will be easier for us to make suggestions.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back