Newbie (And Hi Trev)

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Lawnmower

Reaction score
Hi.

I have been persuaded to join this forum by my brother, known on here (and generally elsewhere) as Hairy Trev.

Hi Trev!

First I read the "60-day" and "60-post" rules. Blimey! 60 posts might take a while cos I'm a bit of a lurker on forums! But Hey-ho! I'm here, so Hello Everyone :)

I'll just start by giving a 3-part resume of my fishkeeping:

About 20-odd years ago, recalling the tank that Trev used to have in the dim and foggy past, I decided to get an aquarium, and bought a standard 70-litre tank, tropical freshwater, and was very pleased with it for several years, before a change in my circumstances meant I stopped fishkeeping for a while and the tank was consigned to the loft. In 2009 I was given an opportunity to take over a 90-litre tank with external canister filter. The tank was somewhat dirty but all fully functional so I set about giving it a thorough clean. Then, having come across online tips and videos about creating artificial rocks from polystyrene and cement, I gave it a go.
09040301.2 Fish tank, general view.jpg

Picture shows the tank in the garden undergoing a water test and soaking out the harmful elements in the cement (Trev's posts on this subject on his current project give more detail on how to create rockscapes).

I'll move onto my first "from-scratch" tank-building project in another post in the next couple of days, then come up to date with my current project.

Meanwhile, if you've read my ramblings this far, thank you!

Colin
"Me? I'm just a lawnmower. You can tell me by the way I walk."

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back