Newbie 75 gallon tank

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Reddmann

Reaction score
Hello, everyone. We just acquired a used 75 gallon tank and stand for my 12 year old daughter. The previous owner had African cichlids in it, which he moved to another tank after we decided to buy it. We liked the dark gravel so he left it in the tank for us and drained the water we set it up and filled it with water about 24 hours later. I have a filter in it that hangs on the back of the tank, an air pump with two small stones at each end, fluorescent light on the glass top, two thermometers, and a 300w submersible heater which I haven't put in it yet. I've added the liquid chlorine treatment. The previous owner said that, since he left the gravel in it, it should only be a few days before we can add fish. Within a few hours of filling the tank, I spotted two tiny snails, still alive and moving over the gravel. I also have some test strips. But the water is still very cloudy. Is this normal and if so, how long does it take to clear? Sorry for such a long intro, but we're all new to this. Thanks.

The tank cleared up nicely! And I found out the snails are Malaysian Trumpet Snails. The test strips show everything in the normal range, according to what the box says is normal for many tropical fish. Not sure if I posted all of this in the wrong section, since no one replied, but thanks anyway! Google answered my questions.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back