New to the forum

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

cfitz619

Reaction score
Hello. My name is Chris. I am fairly new to the hobby. I currently have a female betta, 3 cory cats (Punctatus), and 3 ghost shrimp in my tank. In the distant future I plan on breeding bettas. But not until I am fully aware of everything that I need to know. Need to do a lot of research first.

I just wanted to stop in here to say that this forum is amazing. A lot of very useful information.

Also, I'd like to give a big shout out to the people in here that have answered my questions already!

This is my go-to spot for anything fish related.

Thank You

Hi! Welcome to the forum!

I love bettas! I have a male Crowntail and five neon tetras.

Remember if you have any questions I and the rest of the forum would be happy to answer :D

Thank You so much! It means a lot to me that so many people are willing to help out the new hobbyists.

Hello. My name is Chris. I am fairly new to the hobby. I currently have a female betta, 3 cory cats (Punctatus), and 3 ghost shrimp in my tank. In the distant future I plan on breeding bettas. But not until I am fully aware of everything that I need to know. Need to do a lot of research first.

I just wanted to stop in here to say that this forum is amazing. A lot of very useful information.

Also, I'd like to give a big shout out to the people in here that have answered my questions already!

This is my go-to spot for anything fish related.

Thank You
I just moved from another forum recently myself. Welcome!

Welcome Chris,

Your corys won't be C.punctatus.
Cause the name means spotted it is falsely used for a lot of "spotted" Corys.
Punctatus isn't in the trade though.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G925F met Tapatalk

Hi and welcome.

I also love female Bettas and have 6 of them, How big is your tank? can we see a photo please?

You cant come here and tell us about your tank and fish without sharing photos, its in the rules, and if it isnt it should be. LOL

Welcome Chris,

Your corys won't be C.punctatus.
Cause the name means spotted it is falsely used for a lot of "spotted" Corys.
Punctatus isn't in the trade though.

Thank You for the info. I was just going by what the pet shop sticker said that was on the tank.

Hi and welcome.

I also love female Bettas and have 6 of them, How big is your tank? can we see a photo please?

You cant come here and tell us about your tank and fish without sharing photos, its in the rules, and if it isnt it should be. LOL
I had a mishap this morning. I woke up and needed a boat to get to the kitchen. My 55 gallon tank was leaking. I took it back and ordered another one. Luckily all of the fish are ok!

I will post pictures when I can.

Thank You for the info. I was just going by what the pet shop sticker said that was on the tank.
I bet it was. And just besides this one a tank with C.julii? (which are always C.trilineatus) hahahaha.
The sellers and wholesalers go the easiest way "hey spotted, so punctatus".

I bet it was. And just besides this one a tank with C.julii? (which are always C.trilineatus) hahahaha.
The sellers and wholesalers go the easiest way "hey spotted, so punctatus".

Haha DD, that is the constant struggle to explain isn’t it? The the Julii cories in the petstore, aren’t c. Julii but they are “false Julii” c. Trilineatus. With corydoras in particular, it is just so much easier to use their proper names. Fish stores making up fish names, makes things unnecessarily difficult.

Haha DD, that is the constant struggle to explain isn’t it? The the Julii cories in the petstore, aren’t c. Julii but they are “false Julii” c. Trilineatus. With corydoras in particular, it is just so much easier to use their proper names. Fish stores making up fish names, makes things unnecessarily difficult.
I think things go wrong in an earlier stage.
The spotted ones are so hard to ID cause even the same.species can have more "appearances". Some even are sold as C.blochi (cause they have blotches) haha

Most reactions

Back