New to the forum!

Heebath

Reaction score
Hello TFF members! I'm new to this community but have kept fish off an on since the mid 1980's. Growing up I was lucky enough to keep several tanks over the years, everything from Convicts, to turtles, and even a large reef tank at one point.

I didn't keep any fish for quite some time as I got older, but a little over a year ago I discovered the live aquatic plants side of the hobby, and I fell in love with fishkeeping all over again!

Unfortunately, I became disabled several years ago and ever since then I've struggled with depression. I'm sure quite a few of you can relate with me when I say this fantastic hobby has literally changed my life for the better; truly.

My lovely wife has supported my decision to get back into fishkeeping, but I can't seem to get her as excited about it as I am...I'm sure many of you can relate there too? LOL

I decided to ease back into the hobby on a small scale and I really liked the look of nano biotopes, so I settled on the Aqueon 13 gallon. Very soon after, I was diagnosed with MTS (multi tank syndrome lol) and added a 29 and 60.

Currently I've got everything into the 60 with the 29 as my hospital. The 13 I may set up again for a small breeding project now that summer is approaching, but I'm not sure yet.

Well, that's pretty much everything about me. Thanks for listening! I look forward to getting to know all of you, and I wish you all a great week!

Cheers!
-Heeb

https://imgur.com/gallery/k3UhX

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Hello and welcome!
I'm sorry to hear about your disability and struggles with depression.
I've been thru struggles with it as well. I lost both of my parents to cancer by the time I was 25 and had a tough time for quite a while.
Finding a hobby helps a lot!
So welcome back to a super fun one!!!
Pictures!!! We love pictures!!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back