New to bettas... Does my fish look healthy?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Crabbychick

Reaction score
Hello,

I just got Jasper a couple weeks ago, and he has looked like this since I got him. I have fasted him for a couple days but it didn't look like a constipation bump so I stopped doing that. He eats 4 pellets a day (2 in the morning 2 at night) and gets an occasional frozen blood worms. He I in 5 gallon tank with heat and filter. When I first searched it I read an article saying that a small bump like this was normal, so I didn't worry to much since he is very active and seems to swim all of his tank with ease, but I just want to double check. If I need to get him medicine I want to do it asap. Maybe I'm just paranoid but I want him to have a healthy long life.

Thanks,

Ang

Attachments

• 20170811_113629.jpg
    20170811_113629.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 302
he looks just fine to me, but then again i'm in no way an expert, and i've only had a little bit of proper experience with bettas.

What bump are you talking about? I don't see anything abnormal about him, perhaps I'm missing what you are looking at. Point out the location or try describing it to me.

He looks fine to me, nice color good fins no fin rot or swelling that I can see.

PS
betta_fish_anatomy_by_youlittlemonkey-d6luwpz.jpg

Last edited:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back