New thin aquarium

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

SorryEh

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hello,

I recently came across an idea for an aquarium. It would be tall but narrow, of course with the small surface area I would need to figure something out to increase the oxygen. The dimensions as of right now would be 42"x 36"x6" which puts it around 40 gallons water capacity. Ideas to maximize oxygen? I was thinking of building a sump in the bottom to increase surface area to help with this but of course it would still need more. What other things should I be concerned about? Finding fish that will work in this setup will be hard but I am sure there's something that would be able to live happily in it, no money limit on this, just space is limited hence the small tank. If anyone has tried something ambitious like this before I would love to hear about it :D

I would be concerned as to how I could reach the bottom inside the tank? I find 24-inch deep tanks enough of a challenge.

Don't waste your time or money doing it. Anything less than 12 inches wide is useless for fish. Tanks more than 2 ft high are too hard to work in.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back