New Tank

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Filter.jpg

hmm was wondering where the tube where the water comes out from should be, above or below the water surface as right now it's below and my poor fish seem to be swimming against the current like crazy. and what's more its only a 5W pump.. one of the smallest i could find. was wondering if it would be unhealthy for the fish or could be positioned in a differnet way

Why do I suddenly think you already have the plastic tank and guppies you said you were planning to buy? Please do read all about the nitrogen cycle, if this is the case. As far as small tetras and guppies living together goes, they can live together, but it's not an ideal situation. As far as fin nipping goes, I find male guppies nip each others' fins a lot, anyway. The reason it's not ideal is because guppies prefer slightly hard, basic water and tetras like their water soft and acidic. However, both will easily adjust to neutral water.

Basically small tanks 12L or less are not for fish!

I would recommend at least 30L, Anything smaller and you can keep mice or something in them.

The current obviously is too strong and when your guppies produce young you will find all the fry in your filter.

I would strongly suggest a larger tank and some gravel.

Goodluck with it

B)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back