New tank ready

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

parsnip

Reaction score
Right people my new tank is ready and i only have limia fry in it that are being moved to main tank next week what cN i put in it something different please ideas

How big is the tank (length x width x height) and what is the temperature and water chemistry (pH & GH)?

Its a 2.5ft tank
Temp is 24
Ph is 7.2
Dont know about gh

You can check your water supply company's website or call them to find out the GH of your water.

Depending on the GH you could get small schooling fish like danios, smaller barbs, platies, guppies and small species of rainbowfish like Pseudomugils, Iriatherina werneri and Melanotaenia praecox. You could keep a pr of dwarf cichlids like Apistogramma cacatuoides or Pelvicachromis subocellatus (the Moanda variety is pretty).

There is more info about rainbowfish at the following link if you have any interest in them.
http://rainbowfish.angfaqld.org.au/Melano.htm

Apistogramma cacatoides i am leaning towards are they easy to sex

Male Apistogramma cacatuoides grow a lot bigger than females and have long fins and brightly coloured tails that are squared off. Females are smaller and primarily a dirty yellow colour with some black markings, and a small round tail with short fins.

If you google them and look at pictures you will see the difference.

Most female Apistogrammas look similar so you should only keep 1 species per tank

So its not recommended to keep more .Than 1 species in same tank

So its not recommended to keep more .Than 1 species in same tank

Dwarf cichlids are territorial. If you had a very large tank (like a four or five foot long one), you might be able to keep more than one species.

In a tank the size of yours, there wouldn't be enough room for more than one fish to have a territory, and they would end up fighting.

Ok i understand that could i put 1 male 2 females
Im gonna put a pair in my other tank wich is much bigger

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back