New Saltwater Fish Owner

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Hectorthefishguy

Reaction score
Hey guys, this is the first time posting here. Im here to talk about my soon to be salt water aquarium and I am excited ! A little bit nervous but very excited on what to come. I have been doing a lot of research online. But of course there is nothing better than asking professionals like in the forums. I got the basics down to a science. So far I got the Live rock part and the live sand and the salt indicator and the 1 week wait before inserting fishes until your ammonia and nitrate goes down to zero. But does anyone recommend a good filter. Im not going to have any corals for now, just fishes. For the record i have a 29 G tank. I was told to have filter with double of GPM filter. I just need confirmation on that. Thank you for the help. Hopefully I would get a response . Wish me luck!!! :) 

Good luck Hectorthefishguy, I am putting the live rock, sand r/o sea water into my tank this morning. I am also a first timer with a SW tank.
I couldnt recomend you a good filter, unless its for a fresh water tank.
I am using a Mini skim 80 and aquaone powerhead with Betta Pond Pad in the middle. Plus a hydor 900 pump. This mind you is going to be a coral tank, and I was advised by pros that this would do the job.
Any way good luck mate.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back