><)))*> New Project: Juwel Vision 180 Planted Journal &#60

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Mamashack said:
That's looking very nice indeed RCA! Hope the cycle takes off soon - will you be using mature filter media and/or the pond balls again?

Cheers MS.  Not sure if I will be adding any more mature media or Pure Pond Balls at present, as it seems to be doing OK now.

Very nice.  The wood is definitely my favorite part.  The one now looks like a chameleon to me.

eaglesaquarium said:
Very nice.  The wood is definitely my favorite part.  The one now looks like a chameleon to me.

I see it too!!! How cool :)

greenmumma141 said:

I see it too!!! How cool
smile.png

Ah but eagles... you have yet to see the plants and the fish 
59.gif
 Plus, I know my killer cat can run faster than you should you try to steal it, just not sure in which direction she would run.

It is weird how that piece has worked out, as I just chose a stone that fitted the hole, never thought I would end up feeling there was a prehistoric creature living in my tank.

thanks.gif
 however, I have a killer cat guarding and waiting to pounce on anyone attempting to steal from my tanks 
lookaround.gif
P1090253-Copy_zpsc9f6614f.jpg
 ​
 ​
Seeing the finished product, me too, can't wait, but am having to, due to all my other maintenance tasks.
 If you look at the original entry for this journal you will see some of the fish I have been considering.
 ​
In respect to my nephew...
He often says, why did you not wait for me to fill the tank?  
My response is ""you were not in the mood the last two times you came".  
He actually prefers going out on the Tandem or taking photos.
So, he can have input, however, I find he is a ...
'I have to be in the mood fishkeeper', therefore you may never see it finished if I waited for him to be in the mood.
 ​
========================================================================================​
 ​
 ​
 ​
Now to work on those updated pictures for you all to see.

And it's certainly a vicious looking cat!! :p

Maybe a little praying mantis looking too ?  :)

The wood, not your cat lol

Looking good RCA

Check out naringlos thread - he had killi eggs hatch.

The one on the right with its front legs crossed?? lol

Nice! For some plant ideas java ferns. Weepig moss and some nice carpetig plants. For fish lampeye killi? Or golden wonder?

RCA said:

I see it too!!! How cool
smile.png

Ah but eagles... you have yet to see the plants and the fish 
59.gif
 Plus, I know my killer cat can run faster than you should you try to steal it, just not sure in which direction she would run.

:lol:

That is really nice. When I have time I will be reading this but just found it before bed. And yeah that wood is awesome!

Shelster said:
Looking good RCA

Check out naringlos thread - he had killi eggs hatch.
Will do thanks for the info.

TallTree01 said:
Love this RCA! Truly was worth the wait.
biggrin.png
coolx.gif
Cheers, I actually filled it on the 4th June (as posted), and the final picture was taken on the 16th June, I have just needed some time at home to put the photos together for you all.  Now I believe it is now probably cycled, and although I was planning on plants first, I may add a few 
fish.gif
 to keep the cycle going.

Mamashack said:

It is weird how that piece has worked out, as I just chose a stone that fitted the hole, never thought I would end up feeling there was a prehistoric creature living in my tank.
The one on the right with its front legs crossed?? lol
Yup, intensive looking brute hey
alien.gif
   By the time it is covered in weeping moss it will look half the creature it is now.  Not noticed the crossed legs so much before.  I might put some lights around it to light it up, watch this space.  I have to keep stopping myself writing "he" vs "it"!

DerpPH said:
Nice! For some plant ideas java ferns. Weepig moss and some nice carpetig plants. For fish lampeye killi? Or golden wonder?
I like Java Ferns, and the weeping moss is doing well in my other aquarium, so I may well get some more of that.  Was thinking of making a wall with moss or ferns, may do moss on the back and ferns on the right - what do you all think?

This flame moss looks good, as does the spikey moss.  I am no moss expert so need to do some research.  I guess it comes down to whether I want it to grow upwards, or downwards, as in the weeping moss.

Have had a look at those fish, both lovely looking, I had not realised before that the Lampeye was a Killi.  Can you tell me why you chose those two over any others?

I still have to do a lot of research on Killi's, however I find some of the Nothobranchius Killi's are amazing, check these out

Fish wise I would love something that takes advantage of the wood, weaving in and out.  I have some beautiful Dwarf Boesemani Rainbows in quarantine at present, which I bought when I went to meet Mamashack in York (oh, that reminds me, pictures due in there too!).  Their colour intensity is amazing and the violet and blues that reflect in the light is stunning.  I am sure they will look even brighter once in the main aquarium, with wood and plants.  They may well start off in my other planted aquarium until I have this one up and running with the plants and am 100% sure of the cycle.  I wish I had got 10 vs 5 now, however I called the store where I got them, stating they are some of the best I had seen.  They advised me that they are always good from where they get them so I am sure I will be getting more 
whistling.gif

stanleo said:
That is really nice. When I have time I will be reading this but just found it before bed. And yeah that wood is awesome!
Thank you, hope you enjoy the journey.  It is a slow one, but you are lucky having just found it, as you have not had to eat as much popcorn as those waiting for its progress 
smile2.gif

Thanks, I am glad you enjoyed it.  I have some plants in situ now in the back section and will update in due course, just waiting for it all to settle in.

Anyone have any ideas for the foreground planting?  I had some Rica, but it got loose and the filters "ate" it while I was away 
no.gif

Finally a very long awaited picture as I have been out of the loop for sometime :) Stocking has changed from original plans, yet all are thriving and breeding activity is regularly occurring, so all appears well. Feel free to ask questions, I may choose to begin another topic in due course on this tank, time allowing.
image.jpg1_zpsy58babdy.jpg

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back