The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

tomborell

Reaction score
Just want to introduce myself, my name is Tom and I have had at least one aquarium (or more) going since I was about 9 years old (which was many years ago). I have raised many types of fish over the years from live bearers to breeding discus. Currently I have one 55 gallon tank with a few South American cichlids and plants which is all I have time for now. A lot has changed since I first got into the hobby, the one that still amazes me is how back then you didn't do water changes, you wanted the water to have that aged yellow look (I can only imagine what the nitrite levels were in there). I do 20% water changes twice a week now. Thankfully the internet is full of advice on every plant type and fish type you could think of so it makes it fun to research new things as you find them and makes me want to try it all.

welcome to our piece of fish heaven. Many years of posts are here and we have some very knowledgeable members to help out with successfully keeping fish.

Consider entering the tank of the month contest to show off one of your tanks. Winner gets a neat banner like mine in avatar area. Contest starts around first of each month.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back