What's new

Pet of the Month Starts Now!
FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 Click here to enter! 🐰

Inukshuk

Reaction score
Hi there! Brand new member here!

I recently got a betta, as I haven't had any fish since I was maybe four years old. He's a delightful little guy (name pending right now) who will be joining be in my dorm starting in the fall. Got him directly from a breeder, and he's only a few months old.

He's in a 3g cycled and heated (78F) tank with a few simple soft plastic plants and a Marino moss ball. I've been delighted with attitude since I brought him home, always moving around and flaring at my cat when she decides to be a brat. He even built two bubble nests in his first week home (he was NOT happy when I did a water change and took out the first one)

I've included a very poor picture of him while he was sitting still long enough for me to get a pic.

Im obviously very new into this hobby, and I'm sure will make mistakes along the way. (I panicked the first time i caught him sleeping cause I thought he was sick and dying. Also was worrying when I brought him home and he didn't eat right away) but my experience with pets is extremely extensive. Bred dogs and horses all my life. Currently have four dogs, four horses, a cat and a chinchilla (betta too, of course). My parents also worked at the local zoo for many years, and we raised a total of seven wolves, five foxes, one bear and one mountain lion.

I try to take pride in the care I provide for my babies, and would love any advice anyone has for me. Learning from others experiences is so important.

Attachments

• IMG_0179.JPG
    IMG_0179.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 92

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back