New member with Kribensis fry please help!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

DeeTopping

Reaction score
image.jpeg
Hi, I'm Dee and I'm a new member. I've kept fish for a few years now mostly Mollies and Tetra. I've had to replace my tank recently due to a leak so I gave all my fish to my sister who has a 120lt tank and thankfully accepts all refugees. I replaced my little 30lt with a nice 60lt. I started off with 2 swordtails and five harliquins. I lost my female swordfish and one harliquin. After a couple of weeks I put in a catfish and three shrimp, then I got two kribensis. The pet shop is a large chain store and told me the kribs would be ok with the other fish in tank, they gave no advice about food, breeding etc. Having never had kribs before I was quite clueless. I Love them they are so entertaining and started breeding.
Today my young son put on the tank light and started yelling "we have babies". Good enough the parents had them all herded at the back of the tank. They disappeared behind some plants then they hit the bubbles and blew all over the place. The swordtail and the harliquins went on the attack, the parents did their best and tried to round the babies up again ( well the ones who got away), the sucked up the fry and I think they have returned them to the tree house they hatched in but can't be sure. Mum is staying inside and dad is patroling. Had to remove the swordtail, as mum and dad were keeping him confined to a very small area beside to filter (sadly he became another refugee).
Don't know how many fry left as I haven't seen them since. Any advice would be really welcome.
Should I turn off the bubbles??
What should I feed the fry??
image.jpeg

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back