New hobby

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

satiryon

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I'm Rui from London,I start a new aquarium few weeks ago and as been challenging and fun, it's a Roma 125
For now i only have plants, 5 nerite snails to help me with the brown algae and 5 amano shrimps, it was 6 amano shrimps but 1 died don't know why
I still don't know what kind of fish I will put it in,hope to find out in this forum
7568a95d78b37b39a3d13ab093fe158b.jpg
d224adf3bfd5e96d7b46c406b1284482.jpg
c5653c946f13824612c0c1c5ba48e38a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi I am Martin from Kent

I like your set up in your tank very smart.

Do you have hard water if so have have a look at sword tails

Hi I am Martin from Kent

I like your set up in your tank very smart.

Do you have hard water if so have have a look at sword tails

Thank you Martin, yes we have hard water in London area, I'll have a look on that sword fish

Thank you Martin, yes we have hard water in London area, I'll have a look on that sword fish

The water is hard in Kent asleep so I would say guppys, Molly's, aswell

Are you wanting more then two types of fish or just the one

The water is hard in Kent asleep so I would say guppys, Molly's, aswell

Are you wanting more then two types of fish or just the one

I was thinking 2 or 3 types of fish

I was thinking 2 or 3 types of fish

There lots of fish to look at have a look at the barbs aswell but if you go with barbs they fin nippers so don' mix guppys and so on with them I had a tank full of barbs befour grate fish have a look at green barb, tiger barbs,golden barbs

There lots of fish to look at have a look at the barbs aswell but if you go with barbs they fin nippers so don' mix guppys and so on with them I had a tank full of barbs befour grate fish have a look at green barb, tiger barbs,golden barbs

Thanks for the advice, those tiger barbs are good looking fish, Can I mix with neon tetras?

Thanks for the advice, those tiger barbs are good looking fish, Can I mix with neon tetras?

I have had them both in thr same tank befour but the neon tetras don't like hard water and as I found out the hard way they did not last long so I would stay away from them

Neon tetras don't do well in hard water.

Be careful of 'barbs'; it's a very large family of fish, some of which grow very big, some which like cooler temperatures than most tropicals, as well as some that need soft water.

Really, before you think about species, you should find out exactly how hard your water is; that information will be on your supplier's website, somewhere.

Could you also give us the dimensions of the tank and details of how you've cycled it; do you have test kits for example?

Mollies and platies go well with them never had a problem with them and they good in hard water

Neon tetras don't do well in hard water.

Be careful of 'barbs'; it's a very large family of fish, some of which grow very big, some which like cooler temperatures than most tropicals, as well as some that need soft water.

Really, before you think about species, you should find out exactly how hard your water is; that information will be on your supplier's website, somewhere.

Could you also give us the dimensions of the tank and details of how you've cycled it; do you have test kits for example?

It's a 125 litre tank, 80cmx45cmx30cm
a9f737a80ea757ca981dab166fb5407c.jpg

It took 4 weeks for complete cycle fishless and planted

Ammonia 0ppm
Nitrite 0ppm
Nitrate 40ppm

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back