New here but not to fish

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Matt50680

Reaction score
Hey everyone, Matt here. I just got back into aquarium fish after a couple years break. Last attempt was a used 5 gallon Hex that I couldnt stop algae growth in no matter what I tried. Anyways, flash forward a couple years and Black Friday deals roll in, I picked up a 10 gallon Aqueon kit for some Tetras/Cory Catfish and a 2.5 Gallon Aqueon bow front for a Betta. Had fairly good success this time with new equipment
I soon discovered Clown Loaches at Petsmart. He seemed small but I knew he would get bigger. The next week I got him a buddy from my LFS and he was quite a bit larger. I knew I had to do something as the 10 gallon was getting crowded so I ventured back to Pet Supplies Plus and picked up an Aqueon 29 gallon kit, built a stand and here we are. I plan on going BIG when I get my tax return this year, hopefully a 125 gallon kit.
Been having some issues with the 29 gallon tank with water clarity, my fault actually and I ended up getting it solved by draining, cleaning, refilling with no gravel until the new stuff gets here this week. The included filter on the Aqueon 29 doesnt really turn the tank over enough, which is a filtration issue IMO but no problem, I have a larger filter on the way. The included Quietflow 20 does an advertised 125gph but I am throwing in a Quietflow75/55 which is advertised at 400gph.
I should be around quite a bit on the forum, I have been posting videos to my YouTube account as well and may share them here some too...

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back