new... have questions

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

jcskowronek

Reaction score
Hi,
I am Julia and I'm new both to this forum and tropical fish keeping and I have a few questions. So basically I just ended up with a 29 gallon tank and 3 goldfish. Here's the story:
My brother (a college student) went out a few weeks ago and bought some fish for a biology experiment. I strongly urged him to not do this experiment but he did it anyway. The fish appear to be ok after the experiment. The tank has just been sitting for the past few weeks after his experiment. I've been feeding the fish but I just now convinced him to give them to me since he obviously doesn't want them and doesn't take care of them. I know I should've been researching how to take care of them but I was mainly focused on getting them away from him. I set up the tank in my room today to the best of my little knowledge. I'll attach a picture.

I basically want to know any information anyone is willing to give me on the care of these fish and how to keep them happy. I'm also wondering if I can add more fish to the aquarium, and if so which ones? I'd like to have a cute assortment of fish but I don't want to overcrowd the aquarium or put in fish that are incompatible.

Thanks for the help!!

Most reactions

trending

Back