New Dwarf Male Gourimi not swimming right

If you have your own test kits, you should check the water any time a fish dies, and you should check nitrates about once a month to make sure your current water change regime is sufficient to keep the nitrates below 20ppm.

If you keep the test kits cool and dry they last longer. I kept mine in a plastic icecream container in the bottom of the fridge. Make sure kids and animals can't get the kits because the chemicals are pretty toxic.

If you have your own test kits, you should check the water any time a fish dies, and you should check nitrates about once a month to make sure your current water change regime is sufficient to keep the nitrates below 20ppm.

If you keep the test kits cool and dry they last longer. I kept mine in a plastic icecream container in the bottom of the fridge. Make sure kids and animals can't get the kits because the chemicals are pretty toxic.
Thanks for the info. Do you have any suggestions for another colorful fish if this gourimi dies? I checked out the Bolivian Ram as suggested. Pretty colors, but not sure if I'm crazy about it.

Thanks for the info. Do you have any suggestions for another colorful fish if this gourimi dies? I checked out the Bolivian Ram as suggested. Pretty colors, but not sure if I'm crazy about it.
what kind of centerpiece are you looking for? I would also add one or two more corydoras. I was going to say maybe an angel, but a 20 tall isn't a good idea. so, no angel.

what kind of centerpiece are you looking for? I would also add one or two more corydoras. I was going to say maybe an angel, but a 20 tall isn't a good idea. so, no angel.
Just something colorful that stands out. Something about dwarf gourami size. You think a couple more cory? I never got another one after one of the 6 died. I thought about no angel after looking it up.

Just something colorful that stands out. Something about dwarf gourami size. You think a couple more cory? I never got another one after one of the 6 died. I thought about no angel after looking it up.
If you upgraded to a 30 gallon, you could add an angel, but I don't know if you want to do that. Corydoras love to be in big groups. I have around 12 albinos in my 60 gallon and they are always swimming together. No kribensis, no keyholes, no pearl lip gourami, etc. You are very limited when you have a 20 tall.

Don't have space to upgrade. So what else could I get since I am limited besides cpl more cory? If I find a different kinda cory, would a couple of them be ok with the regular cory?

Don't have space to upgrade. So what else could I get since I am limited besides cpl more cory? If I find a different kinda cory, would a couple of them be ok with the regular cory?
No. Corydoras shoal with their own species. They can shoal with other species, but it isn't preferred. You don't have enough room to add another 6 corydoras.

No. Corydoras shoal with their own species. They can shoal with other species, but it isn't preferred. You don't have enough room to add another 6 corydoras.
Gotcha...I thought that but wanted to be sure. Let me know if ya think of any other colorful fish about size of dwarf gourami...

What about a honey gourami? They're not as prone to disease as the dwarf gouramis but are about the same size

Nitrite 0
Nitrate 40
High Range pH 7.4
pH 7.6
Ammonia 0.50
Ammonia too high?
How do I get my ammonia down?

I thought your tank was cycled? Do a water change to get ammonia down or dose with prime so it detoxifies it for 24 hours. Is there a chance your tap was ammonia in it?

It is cycled...had my tank for bout a year. Could be tap water. Water here sucks and smells. Hard water. I already did a 50% change this morning and added AquaSafe plus to the water in bucket before adding to tank. Will prob hafta go buy some prime or can I add AquaSafe plus to the tank?

I would check your tap to see if that's where it came from. Just to be clear, you rinse your filter media in dechlorinated water right? I'm not sure if AquaSafe detoxifies ammonia, if it doesn't, there's no point in adding it

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back