New betta!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

SweetTart

Reaction score
Meet my new plakat betta Dorian! I got him October 6th and he's been very active in his new tank.

vDTNtRW.jpg

RE9DIcF.jpg

He's in a 10gal tank with 4 snails. Two nerites and Two Japanese trapdoors (A mom and her baby). Sadly it looks like Dorian ate the mom trapdoor's antennas within the first 24 hours. He seems to be leaving her alone now but I may move her to my 3.5 gallon tank.

ajHEEME.jpg

Hes very nice, but I think his tank needs more plants.

anubias and crypts are great.

What I would do is get a few Anubias say 3 and crazy glue them to the bit of wood, I prefer the gel type.

Then I would get some Rotala Indica and a few small crypts and plant them all over in the middle in the back Mix it up.

Kinda like this. I hardly see my fish now days, they spend most of the time hunting Shrimp, Daphnia, Endler fry and Detritus worms ( yes I deliberately introduced them to my tank ) among the plants, and there is nothing Goby and Bettas like more than hunting live food through dense plants.
790lQqK.jpg

Just wait till its fully grown in. Im planing to let all the Rotala grow to the top

Oh and PS

A black background. Its easy to paint the tank even with the fish in it, Use water based mat black and a brush or roller. Just dont get any in the tank.

whoa whoa whoa!!!! what a unique-looking little boy! i love him. and his name.

my betta nips at my nerites' antennae from time to time... they learn to keep them inside their shells.

Most reactions

trending

Back