The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

bytheangel

Reaction score
Hi guys, I ordered my new betta on Friday and he finally arrived today! What should have been exciting turned in to terror when I opened his box and saw that his bag had leaked and as such had very minimal oxygen/water remaining with no heat pack. I saw he was moving quite rapidly so started acclimatising him and put him in. This was about half 11 this morning (21.03)

I put his lights on when I got home at around half 3 and he has not moved much since. He lies on his side at the bottom of the tank and wont even accept food when I put it in front of him. He seems to have took a bit of fin damage as well. Will he be ok and is it just stress? Is there anything I can do to help him?

Any advice is really appreciated!!!

It sounds like he's stressed. Do you notice anything like bloating, scale damage, or raised scales? That's when I would worry the most. Bettas usually take a couple days to adjust to their new settings, during which time they may not eat. Do keep an eye on him, but I suspect tomorrow he'll be off the bottom and hiding a bit, then in the days after that he'll start coming out of his shell a little more and showing his true personality.

What kind of food did you try? Standard betta pellets? Try giving him a special treat tomorrow, like blood worms or baby brine shrimp. My new boy took about four days where he was especially shy, lazy, and skittish. Then came blood worm day and he was right at home and showing off.

If you post a picture of him, I can take a look and see if I notice any visible signs of illness aside from the fatigue.

Hi. Just want to know a few things. What is your water temperature? What is your tank size? Has the tank cycled? How long was it cycling? What are the water parameters? What are the tank dimensions? What type of filter do you have? A photo of him and his tank would be great. Sorry for asking so many questions.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back