New Aquaclear filters

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

blue_ram

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
I've heard some horror stories of old Aquaclear filters, so I decided to stay away from it. The new Aquaclear filters looks quite different. I'm wondering if they fixed the old problems (priming failure, dumping water to the floor, cheap, breakable construction, etc.). Because, I definitely like the idea of a large reusable foam sponge, and the flow rate looked really good; much better than my Penguin.

Anyone seen one or bought one recently?

i have the old aquaclears, and i love them. the only problem i've had, is if the power goes out, and i'm not there when it comes back on, sometimes there isn't enough water still in the unit, and its running dry, and the motor can burn out...grrrr.
i did however drop one some months back when i was moving, and of course the plastic casing shattered, so i bought one of the new models. i see no difference, other than a new naming convention.
put i love that i can adjust the flow to some extent, that i can add extensions to the intake for deeper tanks, and the the mini also acts like a heater on my 5 gal tanks, saves me a piece of equipement on those.

I also have an AquaClear, and I have had nothing go wrong. I have actually found live fry inside of it! :lol: It works well and it's easy to replace any filter media that needs to be changed.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back