New And Already Struggling!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

lewiss

Fish Herder
Reaction score
Hi,

I bought a 155Litre tank the other day, it came with two T50 lights (power glo and life glo) a 205 Fluval filter, heater and stand.

My plan is to do a reef tank.

I bought pre-mixed salt water today and filled the tank up, bulbs are in and on, heaters in and working, then came to the filter, which is not working!

Basically i followed the instructions on the DVD (tht came with the fluval filter) down to tee, very carefully. Turned it on, it made a wierd grinding noise and then a whirring noice. The reason its not working is that there is no water coming out or going in. I've tried pumping it and nothing.

I'm planning on returning it as i guess its faulty? Any ideas?

Also will need some assistance with advice, when i get it working as to how to add and how quickly, the live rock, the coral, the shrimp and the fish!

And sorry if this is posted in the wrong place, im not great with computers!

Looking forward to some advice!!

Thanks

Lewis

we have a fluval 205 filter

ours does that when it has an airlock, so you need to pump it loads (and i mean loads) to push the air out, basically until it stops blowing bubbles into the tank when you pump it

hope this helps

we have a fluval 205 filter

ours does that when it has an airlock, so you need to pump it loads (and i mean loads) to push the air out, basically until it stops blowing bubbles into the tank when you pump it

hope this helps

I can't tell you how much I've pumped this blasted thing, no bubbles have come out of it for ages! I really don't no wat to do, surely it shouldnt be this hard!!! Haha. Thanks for all the comments nd suggestions so far! L

keep pumping and when it starts to come out at a kinda regular rate, leave the primer pump in the up position until its running at full steam. then put it back down. mine is a pain when i do mine. seriously, keep pumping and it will start working.

keep pumping and when it starts to come out at a kinda regular rate, leave the primer pump in the up position until its running at full steam. then put it back down. mine is a pain when i do mine. seriously, keep pumping and it will start working.

thanks I'll keep going!! I'll let you know how I get on!!!

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back