New 150 Gallon Drilled Tank- Need Some Advice On Filtration

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Wildbill

Reaction score
Hello- I just picked up a 150 gal drilled tank that was used in a salt water set up prior. The owner gave it a vinegar bath and told me it is set for fresh water, is that true? My next step is to buy a filter for it and was not sure sure if I should plug the holes and use a fluval, rena, etc? Or if I should utilize the drilled holes and set it up that way. What path should I take? What is better? What are the best brands? I have no idea what products I would need for the drilled set up. Thank you for your help in advance!

By drilled do you mean it has a sump set-up? A hole in the bottom.

buy a tank atleast 30% of the tank volume and build a sump out of it you will have more water volume overall and allot more filtration and somewhere to hide the heaters and air pumps etc i use one on my 825L tank and that is 4x2x2 the main tank is 5.6x2x2.6 ive got pics of the sump if you want to have a look at the way its setup at all

By drilled do you mean it has a sump set-up? A hole in the bottom.
Yes It has 4 holes (2 on each side) Thank you

buy a tank atleast 30% of the tank volume and build a sump out of it you will have more water volume overall and allot more filtration and somewhere to hide the heaters and air pumps etc i use one on my 825L tank and that is 4x2x2 the main tank is 5.6x2x2.6 ive got pics of the sump if you want to have a look at the way its setup at all
Mixmaster Jay- Thank you. I would deff like to see pics of the sump set up, I apprec it!
WildBill

Most reactions

trending

Back