New 110l Tank

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Pacific

Reaction score
well i say 'new'. an old tank that has been sitting around doing nothing for a year which I've decided to get going again

tried to keep it as clean as possible without looking overly fake, what do you think?

1-3_zps1997e8a9.png

2_zps6a60db0e.png

3_zps63661f83.png

That's a beautiful tank! How many real plants are in there? Also curious as to what your stocking list is. :)

all the 'plants' are artificial

stocking atm is;

1 x Pearl Gourami
1 x Bristlenose Pleco
4 x Rummynose Tetra (will be 8 shortly)
4 x Albino Corys
4 x Ruby Barb

and a few stray WCMM's and Harlequins that are temporary

Very nice! :D I have the same plant (Back left corner) in my goldfish tank, my danios like to spawn in it :D

lovely tank, where did you get the plants from? i want to get a few as background plants to fill the space between my real ones :)

lovely tank, where did you get the plants from? i want to get a few as background plants to fill the space between my real ones
smile.png

all from the 'Sydeco' range, they look far better than any other plastic plants i've come across

got them from seapets.co.uk and viovet.co.uk

lovely tank, where did you get the plants from? i want to get a few as background plants to fill the space between my real ones
smile.png

all from the 'Sydeco' range, they look far better than any other plastic plants i've come across

got them from seapets.co.uk and viovet.co.uk

yes they are really nice, will have a look, thanks!

lovely tank mate. i personally like to mix it up with a few real ones. no soppy reason or anything i hust think it looks nice and fish seem happier ?

stocked and slight re-scape; quite happy with it now

1 x Pearl Gourami
1 x Bristlenose Pleco
10 x Rummynose Tetra
6 x Ruby Barb
4 x Albino Cory

1-3_zpsc8be44cb.png

2_zps274abdd2.png

PlumbersMerchant said:
lovely tank mate. i personally like to mix it up with a few real ones. no soppy reason or anything i hust think it looks nice and fish seem happier ?

going to gradually switch out some of the fake ones for real plants. as you say makes it a bit more natural

The lighting on your Juwel tank really brings out all the colours of the plants, substrate and fish.
Nice work and well done 
applaud.gif.gif

Really nice scape! I'm all for plastic plants, if its done right. Not the bright pink and blue ones you see in some tanks, but ones like this that look nice and natural.

Good job :good:

Hi there. You have definitely chosen a good range of imitation plants, and the tank looks good for it.  There is a lot to be said for plastic plants, but be aware that it does not mean that you will not get algae.  One thing you might consider is to grow a real stem plant that is easy to handle, such as Elodea Densa, or a surface plant like frogbit (which your gourami will love you for).  Keep the plants cut back every so often and this will help transport unwanted nutrients from the tank and reduce the chance of algae.  Looks great though. Have you considered the Unipac rock range ? They look very natural :)

Most reactions

trending

Back