Neon Tetra Sickness. Loss Of Color, Mouth Growth, Flaky Skin.

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

cheeto210

Reaction score
My neon tetras have had a weird growth on them for a few months now. They seem to be eating fine, swimming fine, and I am not sure whats wrong with them. I checked my water and found my pH to be 7.2, 0 ammonia, 0 nitrites, 5ppm nitrates. I have tried Coppersafe, Tetra Fungus Guard, and Salt+Heat and then no medication. Nothing has made them better and they continue to get worse. I am very close to euthanizing as I cannot find a cure and I do not want this to spread to my other tetras. I believe it started with one and spread to two others. I suspect neon tetra disease, or tuberculosis. None of them have died this entire time. 
I have uploaded an album of the three infected neons here: http://imgur.com/a/FOzE4
Thanks for any help!

looks like fin rot to me, and possible cotton mouth (not 100% sure because of pictures) you can treat with metaflex and pimaflex, or methylene blue, the blue works like a charm for everything. just that if you have live plants it'll kill it.
just the patches on the skin, my guess is that the fin rot spread onto it, but also not 100% sure. if you use the blue it should take care of everything, and you can't overdose :p just don't dump the whole bottle in lol. if you use it you'll see change at the end of 5-7 days, which is good.

I believe the fin rot is a secondary infection. I am more worried about the deformed lumps in its mouth. Im quite certain it's not cotton mouth as they appear hard. I have also treated for cotton mouth before and it had not worked. the white doesn't look like rot but lumpy white discoloration.

I am not sure what this is exactly.  I am going to move this to the Emergency section where you will hopefully get some more answers.  :)

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back